[openstack-dev] [nova][glance] Future of nova's image API

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 01:27:14 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM, John Garbutt <john at johngarbutt.com> wrote:
Have we decided a good strategy for this in v3? Referring to image in

> glance, and networks and ports in neutron.
>
> The pragmatic part of me says:
> * just use the uuid, its what the users will input when booting servers
>
> But I wonder if a REST purest would say:
> * an image is a REST resource, so we should have a URL pointing to the
> exposed glance service?
>
> What do you think? I just want to make sure we make a deliberate choice.

The relevant excerpt looks like this (from a server details request):

      "image": {
            "id": "70a599e0-31e7-49b7-b260-868f441e862b",
            "links": [
                {
                    "href":
"http://openstack.example.com/openstack/images/70a599e0-31e7-49b7-b260-868f441e862b",
                    "rel": "bookmark"
                }
            ]
        },

I think it does need to be the full URL. If not we can just drop the links
property as the id is supplied separately anyway.

Regards,

Chris