[openstack-dev] Is WSME really suitable? (Was: [nova] Autogenerating the Nova v3 API specification)

Mac Innes, Kiall kiall at hp.com
Mon Aug 5 18:03:32 UTC 2013

On 05/08/13 16:09, John Garbutt wrote:

>> >John, this looks interesting, but I have reservations. Do you know if you
>> >can suppress the SOAP and ExtDirect entries?
> Sorry no idea, but we certainly would have to.

While the topic of WSME is open - Has anyone actually tried using it?

IMO it's just not ready. Simple things like returning a 404 are not
currently supported[1].

I would be very cautious about assuming WSME can support anything we
need when the absolute fundamentals of building a REST API are totally MIA.

Thanks,
Kiall

[1]:
https://bitbucket.org/cdevienne/wsme/issue/10/returning-404-or-basically-any-status-code