[openstack-dev] [nova] Cells and quota reservation expiry

Kieran Spear kispear at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 08:33:19 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We're having some issues with quota reservations not being deleted. I understand this can happen in certain cases and that's why they have an expiry time? But I've also noticed that reservations never expire in our system either.

Looking at the code, I think this is because the periodic task to handle deleting expired reservations lives in nova-scheduler while the reservations themselves are stored in the top-cell db. Is this a bug? Where's a good place to move the task to? The cells manager?

ps. What's a sane low value for the reservation expiry time?

Cheers,
Kieran