[openstack-dev] [nova][glance] Future of nova's image API

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 21:23:15 UTC 2013

Hi All,

even though Glance, has been pulled out of Nova years ago, Nova still has a
images API that proxies back to Glance.  Since Nova is in the process of
creating a new, V3, API, we know have a chance to re-evaluate this API.

* Do we still need this in Nova, is there any reason to not just use Glance
directly?  I have vague concerns about making Glance API publicly
accessible, but I am not sure what the underlying reason is
* If it is still needed in Nova today, can we remove it in the future and
if so what is the timeline?

best,
Joe Gordon