[openstack-dev] [Openstack] Ceilometer and notifications

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Aug 1 13:25:17 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 01 2013, Sandy Walsh wrote:

> Right, that is a concern. Within RAX we have two downstream services
> that consume notifications (StackTach and Yagi) and we've configured
> nova to write to two queues. --notifications_topics can take a list.

Fair enough. So IIUC that means we should change Ceilometer to consume
CONF.notification_topics using the default queue associated with this
topic, and let the deployer add more notification_topics in nova if they
have several consumer (that should have their own
CONF.notification_topics).

This would be the correct way, even if not really deployer-friendly.

> I don't think so, but if that was possible it would solve our problem.
>
> AFAIK, amqp only uses the exchange as a dispatcher and all storage is
> done in the queue ... but I could be wrong. I vaguely recall there being
> a durable exchange setting as well as durable queue.
>
> I'll do some investigating.

Yeah I've little hope too, but might worth a look. Thanks Sandy!

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # freelance consultant