[openstack-dev] [OSLO][RPC] AMQP / ZeroMQ control_exchange vs port numbers

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 14:29:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 09:45 -0400, Eric Windisch wrote:

> > It was, originally, but create_worker() uses the RPC dispatcher so we had to change. Now that we have join_consumer_pool() in the public API, we could change back.
> >

> Is create_worker not used in Ceilometer anymore? This was added for
> Ceilometer's benefit. If it isn't used, we might want to deprecate it.

It is used to listen on the 'metering' topic ... but I'm not entirely
sure why.

        # Set ourselves up as a separate worker for the metering data,
        # since the default for service is to use create_consumer().
        self.conn.create_worker(
            cfg.CONF.metering_topic,
            rpc_dispatcher.RpcDispatcher([self]),
            'ceilometer.collector.' + cfg.CONF.metering_topic,
        )

The best guess I can come up for this is that we want to use a
non-default worker pool so that third party listeners can use the
default worker pool.

Cheers,
Mark.