[openstack-dev] [Heat] A concrete proposal for Heat Providers

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 10:17:19 UTC 2013

On 25/04/13 23:06, Randall Burt wrote:
> (D) and a half (I'm more of a "OMG puppies!" man, myself). Clear, focused, and actionable. I really like this and think there's tons of value beyond just implementing an OpenStack native template language. Hopefully we can wrangle the different efforts around the native template language by next weeks meeting.
>
> In any case, Zane, do you think it would be a good idea to submit your action items as separate blueprints or include them under the Native DSL one? In either case, this sounds like an excellent proposal to me, and I'd totally throw my name in to help implement it.

Thanks Randall. I think there's some advantage in separate blueprints:
we can keep them small, track the dependencies between them, and keep a
handle on what is happening even if we farm out the work to different
people.[1] Plus I see most of these as things that add value in
themselves, not just as intermediate steps towards the larger goal (both
of which are obviously important).

cheers,
Zane.

[1] and by "we" I mean Steve H, to whom the task has fallen to have to
Thanks Steve!