[openstack-dev] [Heat] Template repository location (infra guidance needed)

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Apr 24 20:37:27 UTC 2013

I think you've hit on a point about why having multiple API/DSLs for
heat is not a good idea.

While it might be a good experience for operators - it would be a
nightmare for users. If I have to ask if my cloud provider supports AWS
or Heat native templates, this whole endeavor will have failed.

At the very least, OpenStack should have a template language, and it
should be the thing we expect all of the cloud vendors to supply. If
there is also something else, like AWS-compat template support - then
neat, but that shouldn't be what goes into our catalog.

As for juju/puppet/chef - I believe those are strongly out of scope for
us. Again - if you want to use those to do your stuff - awesome - but I
don't think that an OpenStack catalog of content needs to provide those.
juju has charm repos, puppet has puppetforge, etc.