[openstack-dev] [Heat] Future Vision for Heat

Thomas Spatzier thomas.spatzier at de.ibm.com
Tue Apr 16 14:13:06 UTC 2013

Hi Adrian,

thanks for taking writing this up to capture yesterday's discussions.
I don't fully understand what the difference or overlap of the Model
Interpreter inside the main blue box and the Model Interpreter in the green
box is. My understanding was that a Model Interpreter would be something
that translates an external format (such as CFN, TOSCA, whatever) to the
core Heat DSL. And then there would be one component which looks at the
common DSL model to derive the deployment plan (I think somebody said this
is what the "parser" does today).
I think having to partly re-implement the interpreter (in the sense of
compiling a concrete deployment plan directly) for various external formats
could be complicated.

<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>,