[openstack-dev] [Heat] Future Vision for Heat

Ziad Sawalha ziad at sawalha.com
Tue Apr 16 13:43:23 UTC 2013

If I understood this correctly, the native HEAT API is going to be declarative (yay!) and would go through a model interpreter which would spit out an imperative plan for execution (script, workflow, whatever). That is all good.

But if I have an API that is imperative, would I not need to bypass the model interpreter and go straight to an engine. Is my logic correct? And if so, how do we accommodated for that in this design?