[openstack-dev] [Openstack][Glance] difference api version between v1 and v2

Gareth academicgareth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:40:00 UTC 2013

Thanks for your answer, Iccha and Eoghan,

I have another problem. After scanning the source codes, I found current
Glance is just managing image file (or disk file), which I think its
functionality is subset of Swift. Both x-meta-image-* and
x-meta-image-property-* could store in Swift metadata, and ACLs could help
manage authorizing. And some new features like protected properties could
be implemented as middleware in Swift too. So, I'm not clear about the goal
of this project.

Before reading the codes (I have to read codes because Glance documents is
not so helpful), I image this project could manage image file, and also
data in this image, such root password, default IP and so on. But it's not
real.

In short, if I want build a cloud with OpenStack and I have ability to
write my own codes, are there some reasons I setup Glance to manage images,
not to write a Swift middleware to avoid lots of middle-process?