[openstack-dev] [Openstack][Glance] difference api version between v1 and v2

Iccha Sethi iccha.sethi at rackspace.com
Thu Apr 11 11:36:38 UTC 2013

Gareth,

There are a number of improvisations in v2 of Glance API. To name a few the registry layer is no longer been used in v2 of Glance API(so one less layer your request has to go through), image sharing has been designed to prevent spamming in v2, there are additional features like protected properties and multiple locations been worked on. I am sure there are several more.

Thanks,
Iccha