[openstack-dev] Traffic/QoS policy framework; was - RE: [Quantum] Summit Sessions

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 06:10:48 UTC 2013

Thanks Sean. Inline -

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Sean M. Collins <sean at coreitpro.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 08:54:37PM -0700, Sumit Naiksatam wrote:
>> Hi Sridar and Team,
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qeoOAVXjbizwcF3lK7QFtT6NGn8WNzQbW98WSOIOi0g/edit
>>
>> I imagined it might be relevant to this discussion and might help your
>> proposal.
>
> I like it!
>
> It would be nice to have URLs that mimic the Quantum API v2.0
>
> /qos/subnets/<subnet-id>
> /qos/ports/<subnet-id>

Sumit: It's conceivable to have this scheme. I was also thinking more
of an end-to-end QoS hence just the top level suggestion. At any rate,
I would suggest that we tackle this in an incremental manner. Let's
start with a tangible set of metrics which we can model, implement,
and validate on readily available technology (more so in the context
of OVS/Linux Bridge plugins if possible).