[openstack-dev] Grizzly's out - let the numbers begin...

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Apr 10 01:53:14 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvananda at gmail.com>wrote:

> The act of "closing" as in changing the state of the bug is relatively
> meaningless. Jenkins sets fix committed is most cases and the release
> manager or jenkins sets fix released. It makes a lot more sense to use the
> assignee of the bug. That is the person that did the actual work.

I agree. I've been playing with reporting for bug events (mostly tracking
triage state and how many bugs we're closing) and its actually pretty
fiddly. The definition of a close that I currently use is:

The user who had a bug assigned to them at the time that the bug
transitioned into the "Fix Committed" state.

Even that isn't perfect as it doesn't catch someone sniping a bug from the
assignee. You also have to handle bugs being "unclosed".

Michael