[openstack-dev] HEAT - AutoScaling stack waits for resource endlessly and then fails to start.

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 10:58:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 01:59:46PM +0530, Skanda Nag wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Sorry for the late post.
>
> I've successfully been able to ssh into the load balancer instance.
> However, i'm still getting the timeout error and the stack is failing.
>
> here's the content of my heat-provision.log file:
> http://pastebin.com/bmjwSypP
>
> Can you tell me if there's anything wrong?

Your instance provisioning appears to be getting stuck at:

DEBUG [2013-04-02 02:08:19,256] Running command: yum -y makecache

This normally means the instance cannot access the internet to retrieve
repository information from the Fedora repos.

Since you have SSH access, try doing curl/wget to an internet address, e.g:

wget http://fedoraproject.org

If this doesn't work then you have a networking problem which needs to be
resolved before the stack launch will work.

HTH,

Steve