[openstack-dev] Open Stack Development

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 13:17:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 05:40:44PM +0530, Trinath Somanchi wrote:
> Hi -
>
> These links don't convey on current source code architecture. They just
> outline the external things. Any document on organisation of code, request
> flow, guide lines in development of new code with detailed explanartion of
> existing source code data flow would be a good start for newbees to
> contribute to a very successful projects like openstack.
>
> This way more  new devs move close to openstack...

I have found the following pages helpful:

http://docs.openstack.org/essex/openstack-compute/admin/content/openstack-architecture-overview.html

http://ken.pepple.info/openstack/2011/04/22/openstack-nova-architecture/

http://wiki.openstack.org/GerritWorkflow

Also see all of the child pages (via the tree-view pane on the left) of the openstack-architecture-overview.html link above, there are lots of good diagrams with varying levels of detail.

HTH,

--
Steve Hardy
Red Hat Engineering, Cloud BU