[openstack-dev] _() consensus??

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Nov 29 19:05:05 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I was just remembering a code review recently (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15394/) where it was brought up by me about how it'd be nice to finally get around to having some type of vote or official decision about using I8LN for LOG messages.

Is there any type of agreed upon system for doing this (say restricting the allowed vote to openstack commiters?) Is it possible to re-use the election voting system for this purpose?

Seems like this kind of vote could be used for other cross-purpose coding decisions as well where everyone should get an input.

For further background on this whole discussion (so we can avoid repeating it yet again).

 1.  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openstack/dev/11821?search_string=i18n%20of%20log%20message;#11821
 2.  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openstack/dev/7764?search_string=i18n%20of%20log%20message

Seems like reviews like the above would not be 'abandoned' if we had some official consensus on the path forward.

-Josh