[openstack-dev] Second IRC meeting channel

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed Nov 28 17:34:42 UTC 2012

Gabriel Hurley <Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com> writes:

> Okay! I've petitioned to have a second openstack-meeting channel
> created so that we can grab a more advantageous timeslot! (blueprint
> for the CI team here:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-ci/+spec/openstack-meeting-2
> )

Hi,

To date, we have tried to keep it to one meeting channel to avoid
scheduling overlapping meetings so that anyone can fully participate in
any of the projects.  However, it does seem that as the number of
official projects (as well as unofficial projects that really want to
fully participate in the community) has expanded we may have reached the
point where we should add a second channel.

If we do so, there may need to be some amount of flexibility in
scheduling meetings so that people who are heavily involved in two
meetings can avoid being double booked.  On the plus side, it's possible
to follow two IRC meetings at once, so some efficiency may be gained.

If there are no objections, I'll set up another channel next week.

-Jim