[openstack-dev] [Cinder] LIO support in Cinder

Andy Grover agrover at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 03:16:14 UTC 2012

On 11/26/2012 05:17 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 11/26/2012 07:25 PM, Huang Zhiteng wrote:
>> This looks great!  Supporting new target is definitely helpful to
>> Cinder. I can't wait to try it out.  And I'm wondering if you could
>> introduce a little bit more on LIO, like what's advantage compared to
>> TGT, IET.

I'd say better performance, scalability, and multi-protocol support. See
http://linux-iscsi.org/ for more details.

>> One dumb question regarding to 'targetd' though, in its readme, it
>> claimed itself as 'pre-alpha', is it ready to use?
>
> We got turned on to targetd by its author.  I CC'd him on this message.
>  Hopefully he can comment further on the development status of targetd.

Author here :)

It's a new project, but I believe it is ready for widespread use. I've
updated the targetd documentation to remove the 'pre-alpha' designation.
targetd is in Fedora 18 and is planned for RHEL 7.

Regards -- Andy