[openstack-dev] RabbitMQ Scaling

Ray Pekowski pekowski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:35:39 UTC 2012

I have a working prototype for replacing the dynamically created response
queues/exchanges with a single queue per caller process.  It does fix the
scaling problem in a non-mirroring RabbitMQ clustered environment.  It uses
a single thread for receiving responses (consume_in_thread()) and a
"call_waiting" dictionary as Vish suggested for correlating the message IDs
with the waiting greanthread.  I need to do some more testing and cleanup,
but I would like to know what the process to use for delivering this
patch.  Should I report it as a (performance) bug?  Or should I open a
blueprint?

Thanks,
Ray