[openstack-dev] [nova] - cpu_info format for hypervisor stats

Luis Fernandez Alvarez luis.fernandez.alvarez at cern.ch
Wed Nov 21 16:02:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm preparing a new patch in order to provide cpu_info in the stats of HyperV Compute driver, but I didn't find any spec related to the format, so I took the format from the KVM driver.

I was also wondering whether the way KVM driver is fetching the data is the most appropriate. It shows it about one processor, and not the total... I don't know what's better...

{"vendor": "GenuineIntel", "model": "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5640  @ 2.27GHz", "arch": "x64", "topology": {"cores": 6, "threads": 2, "sockets": 2}}
OR
{"vendor": "GenuineIntel", "model": "Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5640  @ 2.27GHz", "arch": "x64", "topology": {"cores": 12, "threads": 24, "sockets": 2}}

Do you have any suggestion related to the format and the proper way of reporting?

Thanks,

Luis.