[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Monitoring Physical Devices

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Nov 15 16:49:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15 2012, Zehnder Toni (zehndton) wrote:

> As we discussed last week there is a need for hardware monitoring in the
> OpenStack environment. I worked out a blueprint (see
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/monitoring-physical-devices)
> for this case. There is also a diagram of the architecture on the wiki (see
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/MonitoringPhysicalDevices) so we can
> discuss about it more specifically.

IIUC, this is mainly about adding more pollster and more notification
converters to send more data so meter hardware running OpenStack rather
than resources.
I don't see any objection on doing that, that's part of what Ceilometer
can offer.

The main problem is to do that in an elegant and generic way, and not
too much tighted to specific hardware I'd say, but as far as I'm
concerned, I'm all for it.

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker & freelance