[openstack-dev] The future of Incubation and Core - a motion

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Wed Nov 14 20:13:21 UTC 2012

I'm good with the revised motion, with two points of note:

1. Having the classifications (Services + Library + Gating + Supporting or otherwise) in the bylaws still seems unnecessarily restrictive. Explicitly categorizing them gains us nothing and only serves to make us revisit these debates in the future. That said, if they have to be there, that set is acceptable.

2. By altering the definition of "Core" in this manner I think a reevaluation of the makeup of the Technical Committee has to go hand-in-hand. As Thierry mentioned in the TC meeting discussion, making the TC 100% elected seats (dropping the guaranteed seats for "Core Project" PTLs) would be one avenue for addressing the imbalance in the new definition.

All the best,

    - Gabriel