[openstack-dev] [Nova] no-db-compute, a new service

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 22:04:37 UTC 2012

On 11/13/2012 04:59 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:
> Why not just go to the end goal immediately.
>
> Or do u think that¹s not possible?

It's possible.  It's just not very practical.

We're working in some code that sees a *lot* of changes.  Just as a data
point ... nova/compute/* has seen 840 commits in the last year.

It would be incredibly painful to try to do a huge change in that code
all at once.  This approach is mostly about trying to lay out very small
easily merge-able steps that get us headed in the direction we want to
go while not stepping on other work happening in the nova/compute/ code.

--
Russell Bryant