[openstack-dev] [nova] bug issue with /v2/, need a stable place for wadl file

Robert Garron Robert.Garron at Access3000.net
Thu Nov 8 16:22:31 UTC 2012

Anne, Sean, and all others --

I agree with Anne!

As the OpenStack docs do NOT match what is going on, as I have been
struggling for two days to figure out why nova and horizon are broken
under Ubuntu 12.10 (64 bits) when I followed the posted OpenStack
Install guide of Sep 26, 2012 and now 3 other guides to no avail to have
the "out of the box" Ubuntu code store (from Ubuntu/Debian and/or from
git) not work.  I am not posting bugs and issues here, just talking
about the doc set - a poor or not right doc set is far worse than no doc
set.

As a convert from VMware, it is most frustrating to have endpoint
rejection when glance is working and nova not; And the installation
instructions were followed to the letter!

So can anyone point me to a working installation guide for OpenStack
Folsom using Ubuntu 12.10 64 bits and upgrading to cinder and quantum
instead of nova-network and storage?

Regards to all,
Robert