[openstack-dev] API Bindings in C or C++

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:48:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM, James Kelly <jamesk at juniper.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an OpenStack API binding in C or C++ ?

Nothing has been made publicly available AFAIK.

> 2.       Use libcurl to make HTTP client calls with the appropriate REST.
> (Okay for a proof of concept but not scalable).

This is honestly your best bet.  The APIs are generally a JSON (or
XML) <-> struct/object mapping problem and those are pretty well
understood these days.  You'd also get a well-tested SSL/TSL
implementation.  I'm not sure what the scalability concern is.

The major bit of work is around authentication to the Identity API,
managing the tokens and service catalog.  Some of the recent work in
keystoneclient may be helpful there but that library is not the best
model for implementing auth.  I have a toy implementation in Go that
has been pretty useful to explore a different way to structure the
client lib.  If there is interest I could spend some time to clean it
up and put it on github.

dt

--

Dean Troyer