[openstack-dev] [horizon] settings part

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Thu Nov 1 20:47:20 UTC 2012

That's not unfinished; there's something amiss in your stack.

The user settings saves things to the session, yes. The session length is configurable. That is by design, since Horizon pointedly avoids requiring persistent storage. There are future plans to utilize Keystone's user metadata to store some of these things more permanently.

I'm curious exactly what "Forbidden" message you're getting on the OpenStack API page. A screenshot would be helpful.

The logout when you try to visit the EC2 page means that one of the underlying API calls is returning a 401 Unauthorized response. You'll need to look in your logs (probably one of the Nova logs) to see what's going on there.

Also, it's always helpful to know how you installed and configured your OpenStack installation, since any one of the numerous moving parts can be responsible for these problems bubbling up at the dashboard level.

    - Gabriel