[openstack-dev] nova-network ... grizzly intentions

andi abes andi.abes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:09:37 UTC 2012

k.. so the state of the world as of 11/1 :
 http://www.mail-archive.com/openstack@lists.launchpad.net/msg17911.html

There has been no final decision on whether some or all parts of
nova-network will be removed.  It will not happen in Grizzly.  While
Quantum can do many things that nova-network cannot, there are still some
use cases that nova-network can do but Quantum cannot.  In Grizzly we're
working to handle these.  Assuming that is achieved, we might consider
removing/deprecating some aspects of nova-network in favor of Quantum.  At
this point, nova-network is frozen in terms of new features, so the cost of
maintaining it is relatively low.

Dan