[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Metering meeting agenda for Wednesday at 21:00 UTC (Dec 5th, 2012)

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Wed Dec 5 21:57:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Nicolas Barcet <nicolas at barcet.com> wrote:

> The metering project team holds a meeting in #openstack-meeting, odd week
> on
> Wednedays at 2100 UTC
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=21&min=0&sec=0
> >.
>
> Everyone is welcome.
>
> Agenda:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda
>
>   * Review last week's actions
>     - yjiang5_away to send patches for transformer
>     - eglynn kick off Synaps discussion on upstream ML
>     - nijaba to update the bp to specify complex request in a future
> version
>     - dhellmann to prepare example of dimension query syntax that will
> work with WSME
>     - move asalkeld's client into openstack incubation/core
>     - jd move asalkeld's client into openstack incubation/core
>     - yjiang5 talk with doc team to link to ceilometer docs
>
>  * Discuss v2 API proposal
>
>  * Mechanics of getting synaps on-board
>
>  * Open discussion
>
> Doug Hellmann will be chairing the meeting as I will be on a train with
> flaky connectivity.
>
> If you are not able to attend or have additional topic(s) you would like
> to add, please update the agenda on the wiki.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Nick Barcet <nicolas at barcet.com>
> aka: nijaba, nicolas

Notes from the meeting are below. See also
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2012/ceilometer.2012-12-05-20.59.htmland
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2012/ceilometer.2012-12-05-20.59.log.html

Doug

==============================
#openstack-meeting: Ceilometer
==============================

Meeting started by dhellmann at 20:59:58 UTC.  The full logs are
available athttp://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ceilometer/2012/ceilometer.2012-12-05-20.59.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------

* LINK:
  http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2012-December/003685.html
  (dhellmann, 21:00:25)
* LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/MeteringAgenda  (dhellmann,
  21:00:34)
* yjiang5 to send patches for transformer  (dhellmann, 21:01:27)
  * LINK: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17440/  (dhellmann, 21:01:28)
  * patch under review, task complete  (dhellmann, 21:02:47)

* eglynn kick off Synaps discussion on upstream ML  (dhellmann,
  21:02:55)
  * LINK:
    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2012-December/003731.html
    (dhellmann, 21:02:56)

* nijaba to update the bp to specify complex request in a future version
  (dhellmann, 21:04:32)
  * LINK:
    http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/blueprints/multi-dimensions
    (dhellmann, 21:04:33)
  * done, see second example under number 2 in the "Design" section
    (dhellmann, 21:05:36)

* dhellmann to prepare example of dimension query syntax that will work
  with WSME  (dhellmann, 21:05:53)
  * LINK:
    http://wiki.openstack.org/Ceilometer/blueprints/multi-dimensions
    (dhellmann, 21:05:54)
  * done, see the WSME example under number 2 in the "Design" section
    (dhellmann, 21:06:12)

* jd move asalkeld's client into openstack incubation/core  (dhellmann,
  21:06:42)
  * LINK: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17537/  (dhellmann, 21:07:19)

* yjiang5 talk with doc team to link to ceilometer docs  (dhellmann,
  21:08:47)
  * LINK: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/17444/  (dhellmann, 21:08:48)
  * done  (dhellmann, 21:08:57)
  * ACTION: dhellmann replace ceilometer.readthedocs.org with a page
    directing readers to the new site  (dhellmann, 21:09:52)

* Discuss v2 API proposal  (dhellmann, 21:13:11)
  * ACTION: asalkeld prepare a blueprint for v2 api "tightening" changes
    (dhellmann, 21:18:27)
  * ACTION: dhellmann experiment with passing arrays of parameters to
    wsme for queries  (dhellmann, 21:20:02)

* Mechanics of getting synaps on-board  (dhellmann, 21:21:00)
  * ACTION: eglynn prepare a blueprint for synaps integration
    (dhellmann, 21:30:39)
  * ACTION: eglynn reach out to healthnmon project  (eglynn, 21:45:55)
  * LINK: http://wiki.openstack.org/CloudInventoryManager  (dhellmann,
    21:47:04)

* Open discussion  (dhellmann, 21:48:13)
  * LINK: https://github.com/openstack/python-ceilometerclient  (jd__,
    21:50:19)

Meeting ended at 21:54:57 UTC.

Action items, by person
-----------------------

* asalkeld
  * asalkeld prepare a blueprint for v2 api "tightening" changes
* dhellmann
  * dhellmann replace ceilometer.readthedocs.org with a page directing
    readers to the new site
  * dhellmann experiment with passing arrays of parameters to wsme for
    queries
* eglynn
  * eglynn prepare a blueprint for synaps integration
  * eglynn reach out to healthnmon project

People present (lines said)
---------------------------

* dhellmann (145)
* eglynn (65)