[openstack-dev] python-novaclient using python-keystoneclient

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Thu Aug 30 20:51:58 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel at chmouel.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if somebody attempted to have python-novaclient using
> python-keystoneclient instead of doing the v2.0 auth.

As a test I have started doing so for cinder since those two are
pretty similar :

https://github.com/chmouel/python-cinderclient/tree/keystoneclient

there is some stuff available in novaclient/cinderclient not
implemented in keystoneclient like the proxy_{token/auth_url} and the
volume/service_name matching.

The current branch works fine and auth properly (although I need to
rework the unittests) but I was wondering if those aforementioned
values in {nova/cinder}client are used and if they are needed in
keystoneclient.