[legal-discuss] license issue with barbican

Thomas Bechtold tbechtold at suse.com
Mon Jul 25 07:27:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Barbican has a plugin called dogtag[1]. This plugin imports "pki".
While I tried to add pki as an extras requirement[2] I realized that
it's dogtag-pki[3] that is required and not pki[4]. Using pki leads to
an import error because there is code from dogtag-pki needed that is not
in pki.
So I started to look into dogtag-pki and wanted to add it to the global
requirements repository but while doing that I realized that
dogtag-pki's license is GPLv2. And according to[5] this is
incompatible.

How to handle this? Should the dogtag plugin be removed from barbican's
source tree?

Best,

Tom

[1]