[legal-discuss] Tracking Openstack Contributions

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Apr 30 18:58:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-30 at 14:42 -0400, Richard Fontana wrote:
> I think this is outside the de facto remit of this mailing list but I
> would suggest contacting Jonathan Bryce.

My bad, I thought the question was interesting for a wider discussion on
list.

I've always assumed that for community generated content there was no
retention policy and there could never be one: repositories come and go,
you can't count on some software repository to always be available. So
if you need it, you clone it because you can and the license allows you
to.

For the data I produce I assume the same thing: it's available as-is, no
promise made on its quality or availability. If you want it, you clone
it and keep the pieces.

Does that need to be spelled out in a formal policy?

I've contacted Jonathan anyway.

thanks,
stef