[legal-discuss] CCLA not available anywhere except the non-printable/non-downloadable esign app?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Sep 8 22:26:53 UTC 2014

On 09/07/2014 04:22 PM, Luis Villa wrote:
> Fair - I'm obviously better positioned than most to make that
> assessment. If that is your goal, though, I think you should make that
> explicit in the documentation: instead of pointing at the CCLA and then
> making the CCLA painful/irritating to sign (which makes you look,
> frankly, amateur), you should say bluntly "if this is your corporation's
> first time contributing, you should put your corporate lawyers or
> product managers in touch with corporate at openstack.org
> <mailto:corporate at openstack.org>, who can help explain the process,
> point them at appropriate documentation (including this CCLA[link]) ..."
> etc.

I amended the wiki page. Now it reads:

   If you are contributing on behalf of a company or organization, you
   still need to sign the Individual CLA above but your company's
   corporate lawyer (or similarly high in rank) also needs to sign
   the Corporate Contributor License Agreement providing a list of
   people authorized to commit code to OpenStack. Request a printable
   copy by emailing the OpenStack Foundation.

Hopefully this makes it better, until we have a more self-service system.

/stef