[legal-discuss] What are the minimum set of things we believe need the CLA?

Van Lindberg van.lindberg at RACKSPACE.COM
Sat May 31 22:27:26 UTC 2014

I would note that its not surprising that the CLA doesn't make sense to many developers. It wasn't put in place to solve a technical problem. It was put in place to solve legal problems - specifically the problems of patents and non-repudiation of contributions by corporate employees.

We can discuss how to best solve those problems, but those are the problems that need to be solved.