[legal-discuss] Trivial contributions and CLAs

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 00:32:24 UTC 2014

For anyone on this list not accustomed to looking at such things, I
think it might be interesting to point out what this patch actually is
and what Stefano means by triviality (even though the CLA may not be
the relevant issue in this instance, the issue of contribution process
around trivial patches is the larger issue that Stefano was raising):

The patch would cause one existing line in one file:

    options = sorted([(ip.id, ip.ip) for ip in ips if not ip.port_id])

to be replaced with this:

    options = sorted([(ip.id, ip.ip) for ip in ips if not ip.port_id], key=lambda ip: ip[1])

That is: all this patch does is add the following text to one line of a file:
  ", key=lambda ip: ip[1]"
The file itself contains about ~100 lines of code, and Horizon, the
relevant project, contains, I believe, about 2000 files.

 - RF