[legal-discuss] [openstack-tc] Copyrights and License Headers in source files

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue May 14 19:32:14 UTC 2013

On 05/14/2013 03:25 PM, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> I'm not totally convinced that copyright headers in source files are so
> tedious that it's worth going through a complex transition to get rid of
> maintaining them.
>
> Such transition may be something that is relatively easy to achieve in
> Glance, but I don't see it happening in larger code bases, and I'd
> prefer us to be coherent across all projects when it comes to things
> like file headers.

Honestly, in Nova, their accuracy is really suspect. There is
substantial confusion around them so *lots* of new contributors just
copy the OpenStack copyright. Some reviewers have -1ed it when people
added completely appropriate copyright headers (I've had to correct
reviewers on this multiple times).

So what we have is very inaccurate portrayal in source tree.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net