[OpenStack-DefCore] INTRO: Hi, I'm Jim.

Meyer, Jim jim.meyer at hp.com
Tue Mar 3 04:35:38 UTC 2015

So, this guy walks into a mailing list ... and introduces himself.

I'm Jim Meyer. I work for HP Cloud, leading the Helion OpenStack Distro teams. I've been here about a third of a year, and we've just gone through our first release with me involved. No fatalities have been reported as yet, but it's early days.

Not so long ago, I was at Rackspace working side-by-side with several of the fine folks on this committee; it's good to see y'all again. For those I don't know yet, I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Meanwhile, I'm reading the archives to get a bit caught up. I expect I'll mostly be listening for a while except when I'm asking obnoxious numbers of questions trying to cure my ignorance. I look forward to helping out and, eventually, pulling my weight with useful contributions.

Until then,

--j