[OpenStack-DefCore] Draft 2015.03 Spec

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Thu Feb 26 18:49:50 UTC 2015

Mark, it's great to hear you're still looking at external tests, and thanks for the reminder about this testing the Icehouse release.

Swift has had in-tree functional tests since the beginning (Austin release), and below I've linked the output of the Icehouse tests (including the test names). In Icehouse, Swift had 279 functional tests. Also, the in-tree functional tests can be run against any arbitrary Swift endpoint, so it is repeatable and testable and available for anyone to use and verify their Swift deployment[1].

https://gist.github.com/notmyname/5545cde4d726cfa2ce32

All of these tests are against the public API and there is no requirement of any internal knowledge of the target (tested) system.

I'd love to see these tests be included in the DefCore definition along side the Swift capabilities.

--John

[1] ...simply by setting the appropriate endpoint and auth credentials in a config file. Here's the well-commented sample file: https://github.com/openstack/swift/blob/master/test/sample.conf