[User-committee] COMING SOON! NEW COMMUNITY PORTAL!

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Oct 16 16:45:00 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-16 14:49:10 +0000 (+0000), MCCABE, JAMEY A wrote:
[...]
> I'm actually not sure as I write this if I would be more
> interested to host my own or if there was a place (OpenStack's own
> Infra) where I could have my own local community sandbox.
[...]

It sounds like you might be interested in helping out with the
Trystack work. It was brought up at the most recent PTG as a topic,
whether the technical community's Infrastructure team could run
and/or provide hosting for it, but ultimately I think we concluded
that it would require its own team and sponsors. The need and
audience are distinctly separate from the systems we're on the hook
for operating, and so lack the appropriate incentives to make it a
success as an Infra team effort. It would need some dedicated people
seasoned in operating a public cloud, handling abuse issues as they
come up, and answerable to/aligned with the user community at large.
--
Jeremy Stanley