[User-committee] UC candidacy

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 08:11:17 UTC 2017

I am an Openstack Cloud Engineer at SWITCH. I have significant
experience in running critical infrastructures using Open Source
software. At SWITCH I work together with the Infrastructure & Data
team, to deliver an Openstack based cloud to the Swiss Universities.
I am ATC in the Openstack community and I define myself an Openstack
Operator. If you also operate a cloud deployment, probably we already had a chat
together on IRC or on the mailing lists.
I believe that user feedback is very important to improve the quality
of Openstack.
That is why I am very active in the community to have operators and developers
speak together.
If I get elected in the UC I will work on the main pain points I see
as an operator:
1) Stable Releases go EOL too soon.
2) Developers don't know about Operators use cases, and they can't
estimate the impact of the changes they propose.
I like working with Openstack especially because of the great
community behind the software, and I hope to get elected for the UC !
Thank you!

Saverio Proto