[User-committee] working group tags

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at monash.edu
Wed Oct 26 00:49:00 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Before I forget! I spoke to a few folks today about introducing a new set
of tags/metadata intended to help the flow of information between working
groups and software projects. These would help with use-cases like:
- as a WG member and AUC, how do I find and contribute to project artefacts
of interest to me
- as a dev, how do I get attention/support from a targeted section of the
user community on something I'm working on / proposing

In the two minutes that we discussed the idea we agreed this would probably
(at least to start with) simply be some metadata/tag on a gerrit commit.

I'm seeking some feedback and input on whether this seems like a useful
thing to do, and then if so how to get it going.

Cheers,

--
Blair Bethwaite
Senior HPC Consultant

Monash eResearch Centre
Monash University
Room G26, 15 Innovation Walk, Clayton Campus
Clayton VIC 3800
Australia
Mobile: 0439-545-002
Office: +61 3-9903-2800