[User-committee] working group tags

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Wed Oct 26 18:43:34 UTC 2016

Thanks for sending this.  Having some way of linking Blue Prints or
Gerrit Reviews to potentially interested/affected ops/user communities
is a really interesting idea.

For implementation details I think there needs to be a joint
discussion with the dev half.  But prior to that it's probably worth
clarifying here a bit.

>From what I heard you were suggesting "tagging" "things" with their
potentially interest "communities" - using scare quotes as I'm
probably further overloading these already horribly over loaded terms.

For "things" would a good start be the more specific "things in
gerrit"?

"communities" is maybe the harder bit.  Since it's already an
interaction point would UX "personas" be a good fit? I see some
defficiencies here but they are something we want dev's to be thinking
about and  if we as WG members or AUC also need to think a bit about
what persona(s) we fit that can only improve them.

-Jon

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 02:49:00AM +0200, Blair Bethwaite wrote:
:   Hi all,
:   Before I forget! I spoke to a few folks today about introducing a new
:   set of tags/metadata intended to help the flow of information between
:   working groups and software projects. These would help with use-cases
:   like:
:   - as a WG member and AUC, how do I find and contribute to project
:   artefacts of interest to me
:   - as a dev, how do I get attention/support from a targeted section of
:   the user community on something I'm working on / proposing
:   In the two minutes that we discussed the idea we agreed this would
:   probably (at least to start with) simply be some metadata/tag on a
:   gerrit commit.
:   I'm seeking some feedback and input on whether this seems like a useful
:   thing to do, and then if so how to get it going.
:   Cheers,
:   --
:   Blair Bethwaite
:   Senior HPC Consultant
:   Monash eResearch Centre
:   Monash University
:   Room G26, 15 Innovation Walk, Clayton Campus
:   Clayton VIC 3800
:   Australia
:   Mobile: 0439-545-002
:   Office: +61 3-9903-2800