[User-committee] [Fault Genes] Meeting Summary

Nematollah Bidokhti Nematollah.Bidokhti at huawei.com
Fri Nov 11 00:14:37 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Following is our meeting summary:

*         Discussed the cloud workshop in Berlin and the new members that express interest in collaborating with our WG

o   Marcel Wallschlaeger (Berlin Technical University)

o   Omer Anson (Huawei in Germany)

o   New member from Intel (Texas): I will provide the contact info later

*         Discussed my brief meeting with James Penick from Yahoo

o   James has provided some input on the UI that we are thinking to build

o   He might be able to provide some bug data on OpenStack

*         Discussed my meeting with Goetz Reinhaeckel from T-Systems

o   He is passionate about OpenStack fault management and might be able to provide some OpenStack bug data

*         Talked about our strategy going forward

o   We will not be using the Google sheet in the future

o   Suli - Create a temporary database to accumulate all OpenStack bug info

o   Suli - Develop machine learning algorithms and apply them to our database

o   Michael - incorporate data from Stackoverflow into our dataset

o   Zsolt - provide support to Michael on setting up the environment to bring in Stackoverflow data

o   Michael - develop the UI to obtain tribal knowledge from OpenStack users/operators

o   Nemat - work with Yahoo & T-Systems to collect more OpenStack failure data
Thanks,

Nemat Bidokhti
Chief Architect, Cloud Resiliency
IT Product Line, Computing Lab