[User-committee] [app] app developer recruitment survey

Kruithof Jr, Pieter pieter.kruithof.jr at intel.com
Tue May 17 16:39:16 UTC 2016

Folks,

I wanted to let you know that the OpenStack UX team is planning to distribute a survey this month to recruit app developers.

The intent of the survey is to form a database of individuals that are interested in participating in user research on behalf of the community. For example, the Application Ecosystem has requested deeper data for app developers that is currently not being provided by the semi-annual user survey.

This group of people are uniquely challenging to recruit because they are far less likely to participate in community activities.  In fact, we could easily make the argument that app developers involved in community activities may have an inherent bias.

If you’re interested in adding/editing questions, please go to the following etherpad:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-osux-appdevrecruiter

Please remember that the intent of the survey is to recruit individuals and that we'll likely need to limit the number of questions to less than ten.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Piet

Piet Kruithof