[User-committee] working group comms

Stig Telfer stig.openstack at telfer.org
Mon May 2 16:31:47 UTC 2016

Thanks Jon, those are some useful points to bear in mind.  I also fully understand Blair’s point of view, it may be that (even with helpful cheat sheets) IRC becomes a barrier to entry for widening participation.  I use IRC every week, but that’s not enough for me to enjoy using it.  Jumping on IRC doesn’t tend to make me smile.

Can we find a comfort zone for everyone with the three forums for communication we have as standard:

- Face-to-face: Working group sessions at operators meetups
- Email: Operators and user committee mailing lists
- IM: IRC (I also prefer using Slack but understand people’s comments from this thread)

I hope that we can.  Perhaps we should try for a while and reexamine the options if we find it’s not working?

Best wishes,
Stig