[User-committee] app dev on-boarding experience report

Sun, Yih Leong yih.leong.sun at intel.com
Thu Jan 21 01:02:01 UTC 2016

The libcloud is using compute driver which comply with the Compute API.
http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-compute-v2.1.html#os-security-groups-v2.1
/v2.1/{tenant_id}/os-security-groups

Rackspace Public Cloud no longer using Compute API to manage security groups. It uses Networking API now.
http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-networking-v2-ext.html#security_groups
/v2.0/security-groups

You can point libcloud to use OpenStack provider, but that is still pointing to Compute API. Not Networking API.
Looks like Libcloud is not supporting Networking API yet but still using Compute API for network management (such as security groups).