[User-committee] [app] Revamp openstack.org/appdev

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Wed Dec 7 13:32:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Montenegro, Patricia <
patricia.montenegro at intel.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> As part of the App Developer Enablement WG goals for this cycle we want to
> improve openstack.org/appdev. The goal is to make it a reference for app
> developers that want to adopt OpenStack clouds. To get started we need help
> from the community with the following things:
>
>    1. *History and ownership* – We need to know the history behind the
>    existing site, who owns/maintains it, where did the existing content come
>    from, analytic, etc. Anything that can help us understand the current site
>    to shape the next version. If you have any information or know who might
>    have it, please let me know.

I believe the Foundation started this up in 2015 to get re-use out of the
First App content and video content. The First App content was written in a
book sprint in June 2015, led by Tom Fifield, blog post here:
http://www.openstack.org/blog/2015/07/writing-your-first-openstack-application/
.

>    1. *Existing content* – I have the action to map the existing content,
>    but I’m hopeful someone already has that information.  If you have any
>    information or know who might have it, please let me know.
>
> The content consists of:
a link to www.openstack.org/isv
a link to the First App guide for libcloud
a link to a containers white paper
a link to developer.openstack.org
a link to the app.openstack.org site
links to relevant Summit videos

>    1. *Desired content – *Here’s the interesting part: what information
>    you think will be useful for app developers to adopt and use OpenStack? Do
>    you have content you think might be useful? Do you want to help shape this?
>
> I'll have to think about this question more. PaaS comes to mind as does
the app architecture references.

But. If this page is meant to be a marketing page, consider working on
developer.openstack.org instead. That's easier for community members to
change as it's sourced in git.

Anne

> Chime in folks, we need all the help we can get.
>
> Stefano, Kathy and Allisson, do you have any insight?
>
> :D
> Patricia

Anne Gentle
--
Read my blog: justwrite.click <https://justwriteclick.com>
Subscribe to Docs|Code: docslikecode.com