[User-committee] Per-project surveys

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Mon Sep 28 20:07:54 UTC 2015

For this user survey cycle, we offered each PTL the opportunity to add one question under the “current issues” heading, which was intended to cover a hot issue or discussion going into the design summit. Ideally, the “current issues” questions do not need to become permanent fixtures in the survey for trending over time, and might be swapped out each survey cycle.

I would support continuing to include a reasonable number of "current issues" questions within the main survey, and then offering an optional link or tick box to receive more in-depth questions around a particular project or issue. For example, we included a tick box for those who were interested in learning more and participating in RefStack this time around. Operators (and other types of users) who really care about those projects or issues are more likely to participate.