[User-committee] a "showroom" for applications built for OpenStack

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Mar 11 00:39:26 UTC 2015

Hello folks,

back from Philadelphia Ops Summit where there was a meeting of people
interested in the application ecosystem for OpenStack.

One of the points raised was that it would be good to start collecting a
list of applications that use OpenStack APIs and functionalities in
order to build a marketplace or showroom type of pages. The long term
goal is to have some sort of browseable/searchable catalog of
applications that are built on top of OpenStack capabilities, with
categories/tags like the Marketplace we have now.

We're looking for volunteers to start collecting an initial rough set of
applications to bootstrap this marketplace/showroom. Off the top of my
head, I can think of a few applications like Cyberduck and ownCloud but
are already a lot more out there. Is anybody interested in driving this
initial collecting effort?

Cheers,
Stef

PS the notes from PHL Ops Summit on this topic:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PHL-ops-app-eco-wg