[User-committee] Telcom Working Group

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Wed Oct 22 19:28:48 UTC 2014

Hi All - I'm glad to see the interest in forming a Telco Work group. I'd like to propose a charter and scope as a starting point for discussion:

Charter (if one is already in development pls let me know):
*       Foster discussion amongst Telco users of OpenStack to share BKMs, resolve issues, etc.
*       Gather information on add'l features, functions, capabilities, services needed to increase OpenStack deployments by Telco users and engage OpenStack community developers to discuss/implement
*       Understand business, market and ecosystem barriers to OpenStack deployments and work with the community to create action plans to address them.

Scope:
*       Include the current NFV Work Group into this team bringing community developers
*       Create a Marketing/Business team in the work group to work on messaging framework, customer whitepapers, reference architectures, etc. This group could also interact with OPNFV, ETSI NFV and other groups where there's common interests.
*       Create an Ecosystem team in the work group to develop the Marketplace and create reference materials to support OpenStack deployments

Is there interest in meeting in Paris to kick-off this work group?
Regards.
Carol